ITEM ADDED TO CART
Broncos RB Montee Ball (Getty Images)
1. LeSean McCoy, Eagles vs. Redskins. Washington has allowed the fewest fantasy points to RBs. Not for long.
2. Arian Foster, Texans @ Giants. Leads the NFL with 55 carries and 59 touches.
3. DeMarco Murray, Cowboys @ Rams. Murray leads the NFL with 285 rushing yards, and his 5.6 ypc average leads all RBs with at least 30 carries.
4. Giovani Bernard, Bengals vs. Titans. More touches than McCoy through two games.
5. Matt Forte, Bears @ Jets. Bad matchup against the league's No. 1 run defense, but Forte will still get involved in the passing game.
6. Marshawn Lynch, Seahawks vs. Broncos.
7. Alfred Morris, Redskins @ Eagles.
8. Eddie Lacy, Packers @ Lions. Tougher matchup than it looks -- Lions are allowing league-low 2.5 ypc -- but it's tough to keep Lacy out of the end zone.
9. Le'Veon Bell, Steelers @ Panthers. Too many touches for Bell to worry about matchup, plus Panthers have allowed 4.9 ypc so far.
10. Knile Davis, Chiefs @ Dolphins. The Chiefs' new starter looked powerful in relief of Jamaal Charles (ankle) last week and wil be the offensive focal point against a so-so defense.
11. C.J. Spiller, Bills vs. Chargers.
12. Frank Gore, 49ers @ Cardinals. Gore runs up against the league's No. 3 run D, but you have to trust the veteran. Carlos Hyde is off-limits, though.
13. Montee Ball, Broncos @ Seahawks. We're trusting Denver's offense to help Ball, but be warned: he's averaging just 3.6 ypc and heading into Seattle.
14. Andre Ellington, Cardinals vs. 49ers. Beware: The 49ers bottled up Forte last week.
15. Zac Stacy, Rams vs. Cowboys. Bad offense vs. bad defense. Stacy is still a good bet to score.
16. Rashad Jennings, Giants vs. Texans.
17. Terrance West, Browns vs. Ravens.
18. Matt Asiata, Vikings @ Saints. Starting again for Adrian Peterson (deactivated) in a good matchup (25.4 fantasy points per game to RBs). Should stay on the field even if this is a blowout.
19. Chris Johnson, Jets vs. Bears.
20. Doug Martin*, Buccaneers @ Falcons. Martin (knee) is expected to play Thursday night and gets a great matchup against the Falcons, who are allowing the most fantasy points to RBs.
21. Lamar Miller, Dolphins vs. Chiefs. Stepping in for Knowshon Moreno and should lead the backfield in a decent matchup.
22. Joique Bell, Lions vs. Packers. Packers have allowed almost 28 fantasy points per game to RBs, so there should be enough to split between Bell and Reggie Bush.
23. Toby Gerhart, Jaguars vs. Colts. Great matchup (fourth-most fantasy points to RBs), but we're not sure Gerhart (ankle) is healthy enough to take advantage.
24. Khiry Robinson, Saints vs. Vikings. Taking over for Mark Ingram (hand) until further notice.
25. Pierre Thomas, Saints vs. Vikings. Give Thomas the edge over Robinson in PPR formats.
26. Darren Sproles, Eagles vs. Redskins.
27. Reggie Bush, Lions vs. Packers.
28. Fred Jackson, Bills vs. Chargers.
29. Chris Ivory, Jets vs. Bears.
30. Shane Vereen, Patriots vs. Raiders. Oakland has allowed the third-most fantasy points allowed to RBs
31. Bernard Pierce, Ravens @ Browns. Looks like Baltimore's starter and a sneaky flex play against the Browns, who are allowing the fifth-most fantasy points to RBs.
32. Ahmad Bradshaw, Colts @ Jaguars. Bradshaw is taking over Indy's backfield and draws a Jaguars run D that is allowing the second-most fantasy points to RBs.
33. Donald Brown, Chargers @ Bills. Brown will fill in for Ryan Mathews (knee), but gets a fairly tough matchup right off the bat.
34. Shonn Greene, Titans @ Bengals.
35. Darren McFadden, Raiders @ Patriots. Should start again, but you're only hoping for garbage-time stats.
36. Jonathan Stewart, Panthers vs. Steelers.
37. Stevan Ridley, Patriots vs. Raiders. Great matchup, but too much guessing in the Pats backfield.
38. Steven Jackson, Falcons vs. Buccaneers.
39. Trent Richardson, Colts @ Jaguars.
40. Bobby Rainey, Buccaneers @ Falcons. Rainey may have earned a larger role than expected even with Martin back. Consider him a PPR sleeper in this matchup.
* status uncertain
By | Brad Pinkerton